CHANGES TO POLICY
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The following are some example of the type of personal information JetFlicks™ may collect and how it may be used:
- When you create a Jetflicks™ ID, register your products, purchase a product, download a software update or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences. For the purpose of protecting the integrity of your personal information from fraud, misuse, deception or other activity, we require that the information you provide includes your legally given name, current postal address or place of mail delivery.
- Aliases used in Jetflicks accounts are not recognized as individuals with respect to personal privacy by Jetflicks. Aliases are not permitted and may result in the denial of service or termination of service by Jetflicks at it's sole discretion.
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on JetFlicks™ latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. It also helps us to improve our services, content, and advertising. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising. From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Jetflicks™, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve JetFlicks™ products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
COLLECTION AND USE OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
We also collect non-personal information in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it.
- We may collect information such as, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where an Jetflicks™ product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We also may collect information regarding customer activities on our website and Jetflicks™ application and from any other products and services.
- If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
- As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
- We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Jetflicks™ may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
- In the event we are required to disclose private information by governmental authorities or by court order by a court of competent jurisdiction within or outside your country of residence we will have no choice but to comply. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance that disclosure is necessary and appropriate.
- We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Jetflicks™ takes substantial precautions, including administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
INTEGRITY AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account at www.jetflicks.mobi under more “MORE” button, then “SETTINGS” button, then the “MY SUBSCRIPTIONS” tab. For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Jetflicks™ is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made to the regional Privacy email addresses.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we subsequently learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under the age of 13, immediate steps are taken to delete all such information from our company’s database.
THIRD-PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
Jetflicks™ websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties regarding third-party applications. Information collected by third parties may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate, monitor and enforce our privacy and security guidelines to all of Jetflicks™ employees, staff as well as any third-party vendors who we may employ for certain system related projects. Lastly, any and all individuals who may have access to any of your information as part of their job duties with Jetflicks™ are required to sign a detailed Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which prohibits them from using and/or disclosing any personal information of our customers outside the scope of their work for our company, both during and following their employment their employments with us.
Last Updated: 08/07/12 08:00 PST